Friday, January 25, 2013

A poetic tribute to Sachin Tendulkar

We call him God, he has got the power,
Ohh! SACHIN, Ohh! SACHIN… Thanks for the runs you shower.
You started your career with a series of records,
With your splendid shots, you make bowlers feel short.
***
First series in Pakistan, you thrashed the ball,
Everyone accepted, you are above all.
You went to England, showed exquisite timing,
Can’t think of anything else rhyming.
***
Then first century came, you saved the test,
We all say, that it was one of the best.
Your era was growing, and I was growing too,
Was excited about what I would be a witness to.
***
You lived up to expectations, did more than the rest,
World never had any doubt, that you are better then the best.
You gave me reasons to smile, you gave me tears of joy,
You made cricket my passion, when I was just a boy.
***
My heart beat goes up, with each ball you face,
Each of your shots are full of elegance and grace.
You terrorise the bowlers, you hit them with flair,
Warney sees you in dreams, accepts you are a nightmare.
***
We just name it, you will break that record,
Brett Lee no more has his 6 strings, you have broken his chord.
Caddick opened his mouth, you slapped him hard,
Even Shoaib fears to bowl, when you take guard.
***
Sir Don Bradman admired you, only you belong to his class,
We all are sure, each record you will surpass.
Injuries took toll, many said you are down & out,
You came back with a bang, though I never had any doubt.
***
I wish to meet you someday, it will be a dream come true,
We will talk CRICKET, And will have a cup of Bru.
I end this now, with a prayer to God,
May he bless you with a great life, and an unbeatable record.

0 comments:

Post a Comment